In a recent study, 70% of respondents said they have never think about maintaining their garage door. Like every other mechanical device — your garage door needs to be maintained. It’s common to have your furnace checked annually its the same for your garage door, but it’s also wise to have your door checked by a qualified technician.
The experts remind homeowners to use caution when working on or near garage doors. Ensure that children understand that garage doors and openers are not toys. By performing a yearly inspection and tune-up garage door homeowners can avoid expensive repairs or replacements.
1. Clean the outside of the door with a detergent, sponge, and water. Rinse with a garden hose.
2. Check for broken rollers, frayed cables, and rusted bottom brackets and replace as necessary.
3. Use a socket wrench to tighten any loose nuts or bolts on the tracks or hinges. Any bolts or nuts that are red or have warning tags should not be tightened or loosened. Only a garage door technician should adjust them.
4. Check the door’s balance, with the door in closed position, disengage the opener by pulling the release cord and raise the door to waist level and then let it go carefully. If it lowers or rises, it is out of balance and needs maintenance.
5. Check your electric opener safety reverse. With the door open, lay a piece of 2 x 4 on the floor in the center of the opening. Push the wall button to close the door. When the door strikes the wood, it should reverse. If the door does not reverse, it should be serviced.
6. Lubricate all moving parts with a silicone lubricant spray.
With proper maintenance, your garage door will serve you faithfully for years to come.
If you’d prefer to have it all done professionally – Contact the pros at Garage Door Sales
Company Name: Good Door Sales, LLC
Contact Person: Mandel Good & Mason Gehring
Address: 326 S 7TH ST
State: PA 17501
Country: United States
Pa Garage Door Installation | Good Door Sales